Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 6, 2013

The other night I wanted to do something to show my support for my husband, and also find a change I could handle.  So I played with his hair.  We tried out a couple new styles, and ended up deciding that he needs to grow his hair of more before anything would really work for a girly style, but still came up with a new style. 

Yesterday I was feeling really good about where we stood with this.  In fact when we cleaning out our room I gave him some of my old skirts that don't fit me anymore.  He even tried them on in front of me, and it was OK.  I did have to giggle at him, I mean he was a man in a skirt, but he was so happy I was trying. 

Later in the day we took the boys out for some family fun, and we had a relaxing family dinner.  I surprised my husband by telling him we could go see if we could find some women's pj's that we both could agree on.  We did end up finding a pair, and he tried them on pretty much right when we got home, and wore them the rest of the night.  The rest if the night I just felt a little upset, I don't think it was because of the pj's, but I honestly don't know what was causing it. 

Today has overall been a really great day.  I feel like things are getting back to normal.  I think we have both expressed our fears about everything.  My husband has been amazing about all if this.  I know that he has a big journey in front of him, and I will be there for every step of it, but he has done everything he can to make things easier for me.  He is simply an amazing person.  I know times are going to get harder for both of us, but for now we have made it through some baby steps, and have found a happy calm together.

No comments:

Post a Comment