Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 17, 2013

Wow I'm actually getting some traffic on the site now!  I just hope that at least some of it is actual people and not just spam sites. 

Things have been going well again.  My husband talked me into telling a couple good friends about what we are going through so I would have someone to talk to.  I almost felt like I was coming out myself.  I was so nervous to tell them, what if they freaked out and didn't want to talk to us any more?  What are they gonna start saying behind our back?  But I finally just did it, and I was overwhelmed by their support that I cried.  It felt so good to tell them, and even better when the reaction was simply what can we do to help.  Now we are planning to meet tomorrow night for ice cream and to talk.  Saturday my husband and I are planning to meet up with someone who runs a straight spouse support group that I'm hoping to get involved in.  Looks like there will be lots of support coming my way, and it is giving me so much hope that we really can beat the odds and make it through all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment