Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013

So I talked to the therapist today, we were suppose to go see her tonight.  I got a price quote from her, and it was $150 for the first session and then $110 for the rest.  We just can't afford it, and unlike most insurances, our is terrible and doesn't cover mental health.  So after tons of research, and talking to the therapist, we have to drive hour to and hour and a half to find someone who actually has the ability to help us.  I just think thats crazy.  How do we not have anyone within a hour's drive that we could go to for help with this

I was talking to a friend the other day, and we were talking about shopping, and places we like to shop and such, and the conversation went on about places I avoid shopping (because of either anti-gay polity, or they donate to anti-gay organisations).  This friend is Bi and I was surprised to her her tell me that she didn't really care, and that she shopped at those places anyways.  Her reasoning being that she had never been discriminant against, so she didn't see the big deal.  I was a little bothered by her selfishness.  We fear my husbands work finding out because there is nothing to protect him, and when he finishes becoming a woman, the looks we are going to get from people who think we are disgusting because we will be two women.  Those anti-gay groups are supporting those kind of actions.   In fact the town we live in just last year shot down a anti-discrimination law for LGBT's.  So I just felt like, her life was easy so why support other's who have a much harder time about this kind of stuff.  I know that the store's i'm not shopping at are still going to give money to those groups, and I know that my not shopping there isn't likely making much of a difference in the big picture, but at least I know that I am not funding them.  I know to each their own and all, I just thought she would be more active for the cause then she is is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment