Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2nd, 2013

After spending most of November stressing out about what we were gonna do for Thanksgiving we ended up going to my families instead of Jon's.  We wanted to go see his family but we just couldn't stand to see his parents and siblings.  It was the first time we saw my brother and sister in law since Jon came out to them.  I think we were both a little nervous, but my family is also wonderfully supportive.  They treated Jon the same way they always have.  When we went to my Grandma's house for thanksgiving it was great too!  My mom told me after we had been there for a while that my dad had told one of my aunts about Jon being trans, and she didn't say anything about knowing, but she also still treated him the same way she always has.  I know it has to be scarier for Jon to see people for the first time after coming out to them, but this week really showed us that we will always have my family.  We wont have to go at this alone.

On our way home we met up with a old friend of ours, and met his wife for the first time.  It was also the first time we saw them since we told them, and they were wonderful about it too.  I am very grateful for for all of our friends and family who have stood by us, and acted like nothing has changed!

I hope everyone reading had a happy Thanksgiving too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment